5 Stages of Intermittent Fasting | Jason Fung
Intermittent fasting can be divided into 5 stages, from feeding to post absorptive to gluconeogenesis to ketosis to protein conservation. Each stage is accompanied by different physiologic processes, so understanding the stages allows you to target the benefits. Check out my blog at
The Obesity Code – Reviewing underlying physiology of weight loss and how low carb diets and fasting can help.
The Diabetes Code – Reviewing how type 2 diabetes is a reversible disease and dietary strategies.
The Cancer Code – Scientific exploration of how cancer develops –
Pique Fasting Tea (recommended)
Fasting Community and Coaching:
YouTube Medical Lectures (for specialist physicians):
1. The Roots of the Obesity Epidemic –
2. Therapeutic Fasting – The Two Compartment Problem:
3. Does Calorie Counting work?
4. Two Big Lies of Type 2 Diabetes –
5. Reversing Type 2 Diabetes Naturally –
6. Insulin Toxicity –
7. Saturated Fat – Friend or Foe?
8. Diet and Disease –
9. Dangers of Fructose –
10. Insulin Resistance –
11. Role of Hormones in Weight Loss –
12. The Obesity Code Lecture 1 –
Join this channel to get access to perks: